Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My husband got Hurt at Work

My husband has been working 7 days a week. He leaves when it's still dark out and some days doesn't get home til 7 or 8 at night. Last year work was slow and we worried how we'd make it through the winter (and I wasn't working either), but now, there's more work than he can handle. My youngest son is helping him, but there's more work than the 2 of them can handle, and this is constructing cabinetry. My son is an electrician by trade, not a carpenter or cabinet maker. They really need a 3rd person, but what scares me is seeing that since Sunday, my husband is having trouble moving the right side of his body. He didn't tell me. He never complains. I just noticed something was very wrong. What he really needs is to be able to supervise, but my son doesn't know enough of the "art" of what my husband does for him to be able to stand back and watch my son do his job, and my husband is really good, and a bit of a perfectionist.

What's really scary is that the last time he got hurt, he didn't tell me either, and he began self-medicating with Aleve, resulting in an ulcer which led to a massive GI hemmorrhage, requiring 8 units of blood, over a week in the ICU, also cost me my job, cuz I went to the hospital to be with him. But I'm really scared and feel really helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment