Sunday, December 26, 2010

Gratitude. Yeah I know.

I've Heard about gratitude. I've really tried to embrace it. But it wasn't until I read a blog. Oh, I wish I'd copied that link>  Anyway, thing is that once I truly got the meaning of gratitude, that it just made me more grateful, because practicing it, is the same as doing it, so we can always be grateful. Example:  Today were you grateful that grateful that someone brought you a hamburger, or  had heat in the house, or warm slippers, or talked to a family member on the phone.  Now ask yourself; what trouble did I cause someone today;--I kept typing while my son talked to me, or another level, I stepped on an aunt colony when I put a post in the ground, or I cut someone off in traffic, or talked about a person in way that wasn't nice, then ask youself;  what did you contribute; I brought my husband some  medicine. I helped an older person carry some bags to the car, I brought someone a hambuger.  It just all makes sense to me now.  I don't know.  I just new I had to write it somewhere that I knew I wouldn't lose it. Because it's approaching a year since the car fell on me, and looking back at 2010, I can say a lot has happened, but it's happened to the people around me, not me. I haven't really lived this past year. Now I'm going to start living. I want to go back to work as a nurse. This insight, that probably for most people is common sense is a new realization for me. My bones are healing, the pain is much better than a year ago, but it's not about any of that. It's that now I'm grateful for where I am, for all that I have, for the people I love and who love me back. From now I'm going to live everyday. I'm not going to try to do that. I'm going to do that. Everyday I will answer those 3 questions for myself. I will try to increase the 'improving things for others' category, but will look for ways each day, no matter how insignificant they may seem, and I will be grateful for things too, no matter how insignificant they may seem also. Right now I'm so grateful for the two bloggers who wrote about this before I did, and who put it in terms that I could grasp, because I feel like it is changing my life. Thank you, you 2 wonderful, insightful people. If you happen to see this, please add your link. Thanks!
http://thesefragileflames.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you :) I didn't even realize my words were being read...lol

    ReplyDelete